Monday, January 23, 2006

"Pony rides for everyone!"

Tessa's (Caleb's cousin) had her birthday party on Sunday. Caleb loved it. He ran around in the park, he saw goats and horses, and even milked a fake cow; for some reason this held a specific fascination for a few of the kids (Tessa included). But of course the absolute highlight was the ponies. Thank you Tessa for having a birthday, and for loving ponies, and for Tessa's mom and dad for putting 2 and 2 together for a great event. Caleb was really excited. We dressed for the occasion in his western clothes and cowboy boots. I should have guessed that we wouldn't be the only ones clever enough to dress accordingly, but I'm proud that I was organzied enough to get Caleb into pony riding garb. He waited patiently, although his little head drooped when he thought he was next and really he was not quite next. But when the time came he let the little pony, Penny, sniff his hand and up he went right on top. He pet her and bounced and nodded his head as her gait bobbed him. He was in near awe as the trail led him through a forested area; it was paved of course, so not too rugged for this wild man's first trip out. He's ridden a pony before, but this time it was a "trail" ride, not just in circles. He liked it a bunch. After he got off the pony he strutted around and said "me ride pony"! He looked very cute. Here's the picture. (Pay no attention to the baby-fat carrying person standing next to him.)


It goes without saying that Tessa had a fantastic time. Her real birthday is today. We are fortunate to get to see her on the actual day. And since she can't read, I'll tell you that I'm very excited to give her our gifts. Of course there is the standard "toy". But I'm proud of and most excited about the "My Little Pony"(Her favorite) patterened pillowcases and pillows with lace and bows on them. I made them and who better to lavish creativity on that a beautiful, cheerful niece who will appreciate PONIES!!!

I look forward to tonight; but for night now, off to playgroup where I hope to have a great time with the other moms and Caleb might burn off sufficient steam!

No comments: