Friday, January 06, 2006

Today was a good day for Caleb.

He got up early and snuggled with Daddy downstairs. Then he and Daddy went to Mcdonalds and played on the play equipment. He had a good time. And he got a "Narnia" Beaver in his happy meal, which he was sure to show me how it works. What was really great was that he would sit and cuddle with me on the couch after he had played and ran his wiggles out! It was nice to see the steady calm side of my engergizer bunny; I'm sure tomorrow he'll be fully recharged for more! I better start looking for things to do.

Then after naptime, we got ready and drove to the new Quest Children's Museum in the Factoria Mall. It was a free day! For FREE I am willing to put up with a cacphony of noise and a near constant state of chaos. Caleb had fun climbing in their "backyard" area on the leaf structure/slide. He also experienced a Big Mac truck, their water exhibit and the treehouse. Thanks Daddy for doing the leg work today. Mommy and Josh (in the Bjorn carrier) could do little more than watch and talk. Daddy kept up with the two year old like a pro; I didn't even see him break a sweat.

It was a great time, although I would bet that we would have more of a learning and opportunity to really experience things if there were less people. Sometime I'll have to go on a day that I can afford to pay. Until then, we had more fun than we paid for this evening! (You know this mommy, always looking for the Free good time for her little guys!)

Caleb wouldn't go to bed tonight in a regular diaper. Everytime that I mentioned that it was bed time and time to put on a diaper he ran to the potty and told me he was going to use it. Well, since I know he isn't going to run to the potty in the middle of the night I had to be creative. So tonight Caleb is wearing a Buzz Pull-up diaper; this is a special treat because the others are just plain old white. AND he is wearing big boy Buzz underwear OVER the diaper. Then he would go to bed... But not before telling me that "Buzz fly me bum" (Buzz is flying on my bum)!

Caleb is getting more and more personality in his talking. He says miss you, no talking mommy, no bother me daddy, Jockey brother awake, me wake mommy, asks for fi-min (vitamins), no me like it, had fun play more tomorrow ETC. He is just so great and innocent in what he says. I think that the best mirror of life is in a child's eyes. They can see the simple or the obvious that busy and super focused adults miss. I love Caleb's insight and I try to learn lessons from it.

Well, I should learn from Caleb to have a regular bedtime. Towards that effort, I'll say good night.

No comments: