Thursday, February 02, 2006

Getting settled.

We took Monday to settle in to a routine again. Although it was more like just Monday morning for rest and recoup since after naps on Monday I drove Caleb down to the Club to go swimming then dinner and a stay over at Grammy and Papa Dahl's house. Caleb is so eager to take baths lately; Sunday night he called us and wanted to show us his new trick... he was actually doing a kid-like breast stroke in the tub, keeping his head up and everything. That meant that it was the perfect time to get him into the pool again. He really did like the pool once he was there and he didn't want to leave despite shivering near constantly. He was put in a life jacket and was basically free to go where ever he wanted, he was independent! It was great to see him have so much fun. (Next time Josh and I should be over our head colds and be able to join in the fun.)

Tuesday, Caleb woke up at Grammy's and had a good time. They went to the soccer class and played. It was time for lunch after that, but Caleb was so tired he didn't make it from the center Woodinville to Grammy's house before he had conked out in the car. Must have been some class, or still residual tiredness from the trip. But he took a nap and then woke up to play with Tessa for about an hour before it was time to hop in Dad's truck and head home. He was full of chatter when he got home. "Me see tessa." etc.

Wednesday, we went to playgroup. He is really starting to interact with the other kids, not just the toys or being an observer. This time he pushed a little 4 yr old girl in an infant creeper. She had crawled in there by herself and loved how fast Caleb could push her. He still likes to come back to home base (my lap) every now and then, most of the time for a hand full of snacks. I really am proud that he is starting to get along with other kids and get socialized. (I can't believe I'm talking about Caleb as if he is a little puppy who needs to get out more to avoid dog aggressive behaviour.)

Caleb came home to a big surprise. And ask him and he will tell you that he likes mom's surprises. I had bought and had shipped to me, Buzz Lightyear, velcro closure, light up shoes! He liked those alot! The first night he was wearing nothing but socks, the new shoes and his shirt as a cape while he ran about the house! Then just yesterday he was playing with his Big Buzz and he was making Buzz talk. He was playing with Buzz with the same excitement that he had the day we brought Buzz home. It was great to see the toy still bring him joy.

Today, I'm not so sure what we will do. If we are smart, we'd relax and I'd get a break before the packed (and all by myself childcare weekend) occurs. But if we are "fun", then we'll be going out and entertaining Caleb. We'll have to see, Mike isn't up yet.

Tomorrow our plan is to go to the Quest Children's museum in the evening for their free times. Saturday, I don't have a specific plan, but I should get one because it makes for a long day all by myself if I don't get an activity structured into the day. Sunday is church and then another day that demands an activity because we are on our own again. So I'm going to have to pull on my resources and check out the free stuff that I know of and see what to do.

I'll post updates as the fun occurs. That's all for now.

No comments: