Monday, February 06, 2006

Good morning (To most, to others good evening or good afternoon).

Caleb makes me laugh, and smile with pride. He was watching "Finding Nemo" (the animated fish story where the little fish gets swept away by a diver and the father fish goes to "find nemo") and the father fish was on the screen during a sad moment... Caleb walks up to the TV screen and rubs his shirt over the fish to make him feel better. I thought AHHHH, the heart of my child is so beautifully sensitive, what a blessing to have that kind of compassion in a little child.

In the wake of us being a one dog family (there is still talk of once again being a two dog family this Late Spring), Zuma has been sucking up all the attention she can get. Admittedly it isn't just the kind fawning over she would like... but she takes the good with the bad. Anyway, Caleb has now labeled her "My princess Zuie", or when he is being too rough and we say no more leave her alone, then she suddenly becomes "Your Princess Zuie". Mike and Caleb get into it and like a ping-pong match go back and forth arguing over her: My princess Zuie, no My princess Zuie, no my... etc. It is funny. And of course, Zuma has decided the title fits and with that crowning title comes specific rights... sneaking upstairs to lay somewhere of her choosing (even occassionally on the bed!!!), riding inside the cab of the truck with Mike, etc. Boy, she is in for a rude awakening when a puppy comes along and she has to be a "commoner" once again.

Caleb is obsessed with spending his money. He makes me open his money jar so that he can take the money out. He puts it in his pocket so that he has it when he needs it. I ask him what are you going to buy... 50% of the time it is a slurpee for me, which I think automatically he thinks is also a slurpee for him... but the other 50% it has become "Ride pony". When he is good in the grocery store I sometimes allow him to ride the mechanical horse. It is a bribe-and it works! But now he wants to pay for it himself. I hope that paying for it himself doesn't negate the need to be good for mom if she isn't the one paying for the pony ride. Although, I don't make him pay yet. That lesson will come, just not yet.

Well, I have to go now, but I'll update later with the couple other stories that I have.

No comments: