Monday, March 23, 2009

So everyone is healthy. It is the start of a new week. It looks like it might be a really nice day out if a bit chilly. I know what's for dinner for the next three nights and so I don't NEED to drag the kids into a grocery store iminently. I work 2 days this week, Mike 4 and then we are off the Anacortes for camping this weekend. Because it's Caleb's spring break next week, we will most likely make it a long weekend and use the vacation time while Caleb has it.

We went to Jockey's preschool Easter Carnival/Egg Hunt/ Fundraiser. It was ok. PACKED with people, which is good for the school but hectic for us. The Egg hunt was poorly organized and suffered from a false start leading to my sons tearfully upset over only getting one egg each...(BUT the bright side is that for the first time in 4-6 years, Mike will have Easter weekend off work and we will be able to seek out other egg hunts for the kids and he will be there to manage the kids with me... after nearly loosing Caleb at one when I was by myself, I'm a little crowd shy.) Jockey did win the Cake Walk, and the fished for toys. The items we donated brought in decent money. The bouncy house was wet and being finicky, my boys didn't jump in it. Jockey loved the sand art, but chewed a hole in the cross and the sand started sifting out. Sometimes, I just don't get it.
Yesterday ended with dinner at Papa Bill's and Grandma Judy's. The boys are still unruly, even when we did bring things for them to do. But at least they harassed the dogs less than usual. And when asked, yes, they would like just ice cream for dinner next time. (rolling my eyes at the silly kids, of course, that is their preferrence, mine too right?)

Saturday we attended a choir concert for a friend of ours. It was good music, but making our sons sit for 1.5 hours in chairs was a test of creativity, endurance and patience. At one point, they tried to make and throw paper airplanes! Then, Joshy got to brush my hair to keep him quiet. It worked for the longest period of time. But Mike and I were both worn from trying to keep them contained and quiet for that long in a 4'x2' area.

So that's the update. Have a great week.

No comments: