Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wednesday...

Here we are, Caleb still hasn't been to school yet. Fever has kept him out for the last few days, but yesterday morning started with hives of a sort. And I thought that the antihistamine and hydrocortizone cream had taken care of it, but then this morning it was double the problem... 80-90% of his body is covered including his face. So I have given him another antihistamine, gave him a shower, fresh towel to dry off, fresh clothes, and slathered him in the hydrocortizone again. I'm in limbo now to see if that is going to work, or if I have to get him into the doctor.

He hasn't has any new foods, so the nearest guess Mike and I have come up with is 1) For Caleb's fever we've given him a new kind of children's Advil... a ocean blue one with Cool Berry Taste. It could be the food coloring in that, but he's never had a skin reaction to food coloring before. or 2) zuma is shedding and her little needle hairs can pierce the skin and if pollen is on it... instant reaction. This one I doubt. It does appear to be an allergy type thing to a untrained observer, but I really hope it's not some virus strain that is going around.

So in limbo I will be for a little bit more.

We did get word that the interested parties involved in the conference with Caleb could not make the rescheduled time, therefore, they went ahead and approved the paperwork for Caleb's retention. All Mike and I have to do is sign it, and it's done. I don't know quite what changed their minds from needing a conference to not needing a conference, but I'm glad; I hate red tape and hoops. So, hurray, it's Kindergarten again for Caleb. He'll be happy, know 1/2 the things already, on the brink or fully reading and thus at the top of his class, in a familiar environment hopefully we are still waiting to hear about the intradistrict transfer. I expect him to be more mature and stronger and able to deal with learning and even failure better.

With him being out now 4 days straight, I feel less pressure about trying to cram in and catch up on what he's missing since he'll see it all again next year.

Joshy is on the mend. He's down to maybe 6 coughs a day, and the nose down to a dull strickle. I think he can get to school tomorrow. Caleb, still not so sure about. I have to work tomorrow, and I have MOPS on Friday. And that's a snapshot at the rest of our week.

No comments: