Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"MOMMY, I dressed myself today!"

That was how I was greeted today (after a potty run) by Josh. This is the very first day that he had ever picked out his own clothes, put them on and came out ready for the day. Minus socks of course. But still. He did really good and totally independent! I keep staring at him some days because he is morphing into a big boy every day. It's happening right before my eyes and I'm amazed.

Caleb is on the big boy cruise. He's growing taller, 1/2" in the last 2 months or so... but he is about the same daily. He'll be on this big boy cruise phase for a while I think. We asked him again his thoughts on Kindergarten and he is sure he wants to do it again. I received the questionnaire that they have parents fill out to see if the child would be a good candidate for retention. The questionnaire only confirmed my decision to put him in Kindergarten again. Very few questions had any academic components, very reassuring. They had questions like: are there more than 3 grades difference between siblings. Yes. Is your child significantly, slightly smaller or significantly/slightly larger than most kids in his class... significantly smaller. Where is the child's birthday in the calendar year? What kind of interest does the child display in school? These things only reinforced my belief that this isn't an academic decision, but rather a maturity and developement decision. So now it's going through the red tape with the school.... Starting this Thursday, meeting with the teacher.

Mike's on his second week of working opening hours. I think he might be adjusting and hopefully that means more family time with the boys in the afternoons.
I have put in my request to be on the craft team again for MOPS next year. It was gladly/gratefully accepted. I'm working today. I received my meds and will embark on a hopefully life changing process at the end of this week/weekend... although it will probably be rough and a huge shock to my system. Patience to just wait it out and let the meds work and see what improvements come of it. I'm hopeful.
That's it for now. Time for school and the day to start.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Krystal, what meds are you starting? I hope that all is well.