Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Good Job Caleb, way to bounce back!

Caleb is feeling better today, as happy and energetic as usual. However, he excelled today.

It wasn't until it could have been too late that I realized that Caleb has done a stellar job today. We were at the park about 3ish, getting ready to go that I realized that Caleb wasn't wearing a diaper, just underwear and pants. I asked him if he wanted to use the potty before we left the park, which he did with success. But that I began to think and back track when the last time he wore a diaper for today. He woke up with a dry diaper, used the potty and then didn't put one back on. He had been dry and using the potty ALL DAY! We had taken a nap, watched a movie, gone to the library, and now the park without an accident! It was only because of his very tired, preoccupied mommy that he wasn't wearing a diaper; and it was a miracle from Caleb and Jesus that I didn't run into an accident while out, but rather just the realization that Caleb is a phenominal child. I never thought that this day would come, and if I had actually given it thought, Caleb wouldn't have left the house without a diaper. But I guess I have jumped off the cliff of Caleb going out without a diaper.

As a reward, Caleb and I went and got slurpees. Daddy later asked Caleb who got him a slurpee. Caleb said Jesus. How cute. He said that Jesus made the machine work. Well, some day I'll explain to him that Jesus takes care of the slurpee machine, but also a whole lot more in our lives! Daddy asked him who paid for it, "Jesus"; daddy's right Jesus is the source of our blessings.

Josh is getting around VERY well. He is just as independent as if he would be if he walked. He can roll like a Pro! He is scooting and pivoting on his tummy, he can push himself backwards. Crawling isn't all that far off. He's eating very well. A full jar at a time without any cajoaling; very different from big brother at 7 months. I'm sincerely hoping that his tummy will be full enough to sleep through the night. But he is getting that second tooth in, so I'll have to give him grace if he keeps me up a few more nights. I can't believe he is nearly 7 MONTHS! He loves objects, the world is an object waiting to be tasted. He doesn't care to walk to where the object is, he is content with rolling to it and chewing on it. And if he isn't chewing on something, he is telling you about it. Boy is he a talker. And a smiler, and attention greedy.

Speaking of attention greedy, it's time to get back to him , so he says.
Good night.

No comments: