Sunday, October 26, 2008

Another beautiful sunny crisp day.
We attended church, did some grocery shopping (I'm kinda proud of myself, getting $57.39 worth of stuff for $2.89!), and now we are taking a quick breaks/naps before we are off the Joshy's Family Fun Night.

Yesterday, we did pumpkins, the first in our family since both marriage and our children's births. This is what we came up with. Joshy painted his pumpkin because that doesn't involve knives. Although he asked me to help paint and invited Caleb to join in. At one point they had the entire pumpkin covered with goopy paint... I joked with myself that it was a VanGogh pumpkin, so when I was asked to paint I went with the idea. On Caleb's pumpkin, caleb got to help scoop and clean and eat cooked pumpkin (Yum, from what I was told)... and even a little with the actual carving, but mostly Daddy and Mommy were wielding the knife into the pumpkin. Caleb got to paint the back of his pumpkin too. Caleb's pumpkin is well over 30#, it maxed the scale so they could only charge us the maximum... Joshy's was a more reasonable $4. /12 lb pumpkin. The kids were so excited, and they wouldn't stop trying to eat raw pumpkin. I finally cooked some up for them. And Caleb is nearly insisting that his pumpkin becomes a pie in a few weeks.

These pumpkins will be both our home decorations and decorations at the Family Fun Night tonight.

Results of our efforts:








Sorry some of the pictures are so dark, they were taken outside at night without a flash... as tey were intended to be viewed.
So it is time for my break before getting ready for tonight and this coming week which already seems so packed with things to do. Including a playdate that I'm trying to get going for Caleb, Awana with a special buddy of Caleb's coming too. Lots to do!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Great pumpkins! Looks like loads of fun.

I have to ask - how do you get such incredible deals on groceries?! What are your secrets? Please share!