Monday, October 13, 2008

It's the start of a new week!
Undeniably it is Fall. Though the colors are beautiful, it is starting to be wet and dark. It makes me tired and remember that last year the boys and I were able to visit sunny California when this season hit. We are way less footloose and schedule free this year (and for the next 15) and won't be making an October trip because Caleb's school is important and we can't just take a week or more off. But I miss the sunshine pick up.
Caleb had a stage today, but he is not taking it as hard as he did last week. He got a stage 1 for playing with a grasshopper and trying to show the teacher when he should be in line to go in from recess. That does sound like a boy, doesn't it? I'm proud of him for telling the truth, I'm pleased that his spirit wasn't crushed as it was on Friday by his perceived "failure". Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it yet. And Caleb's understanding of the world around him is growing everyday.
Jockey was whisked away for a day with Grammy. Initially he said no he didn't want to get up, until Daddy said that it was to go and see Grammy, then he was on board. I don't have the report yet on how that day went, but I do know that they are going to go swimming. Josh loves the pool and swimming, he'd have a pool in heaven if you asked him.

My "alone" weekend was nice. The trailer was cold still but I managed wearing sweats, a heating pad and 2 heaters. I picked up some movies at the King County library, I read a little, took a nice 4 mile walk that was a bit much for my feet, I played bingo twice (and won on Friday night). I slept in until 10 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. I realized that Zuma has me trained to wake up in the middle of the night to let her outside. I am very grateful for the weekend. I tried to relax and enjoy the sunshine. I sat in a chair out in the grass and just absorbed, good thing too because it very well might have been the last sun until March. I did my best to relax, but I was also called upon (at 2AM) to help a friend with some pretty severe life shattering problems. I was glad that I had time to dedicate to that friend, I wouldn't have had that time with kids hanging on me and trying to scream/talk to me. I was glad to have been there for my friend even though it cost a little of my relaxation, what kind of a friend would I be if I wasn't willing to give when I was more than able.
The boys were more than excited to see me when I got home. I barely got out of the car before they were yelling they missed me and giving me hugs. And with great relief, the house was in better condition than when I left. The kitchen was picked up, the house had been vaccumed and dusted, the toys were picked up, the hideous box and it's packing peanuts were off the porch. I still have things to do (it's there always more to do), but at least I didn't have to start from scratch with EVERYTHING to do. That was probably one of the highlights to my weekend away, that it wasn't a crushing weight of mess when I returned home. The kids and Mike had worked hard. Thank you.

The rest of the week appears predictable: school, Awana (which I help at this week) and field trips for the boys. Jockey goes to the "Farm" out in Snohomish and Caleb goes to Remlinger. And Mike is back to work on Thurs/Fri nights and Saturday. Like I said, predictable, barring natural disaster.
So that's it for now.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hurrah for a weekend away, and for husbands who clean the house. Hallelujah!

I'm glad you were there for your friend; I'm sure she appreciated it more than she could tell you. That kind of friendship is priceless, and well worth the hassle. I'm sure she'd do the same for you.