Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Well, it's Parent Teacher conferences week at Caleb's school. Caleb has M, W, and Fri off of school. But he has long days on Tues/Thurs. It was his first time taking his lunch to school, and it's a late release day at 12:55pm. A long day, I'm interested to see how he does with an extra 1.5 hours tacked on to the usual time.

Joshy's conferences are next week. I'm curious to see how the first conference about Joshy goes.

I have to work 2-3 days this week. So that will be good.

The sun is currently out, so I'm feeling less under a dark cloud that I did yesterday but I'm still a little tired. I might get out for a walk??? But boy is it getting a little chilly. I've got things to do here of course, but I don't want to waste a sunny non raining day. I do have to get ready for work though.

Mike opens all this week, so he was out of the house at a time of night/morning that should never exsist.

I was very proud of Caleb yesterday. We went to the grocery store and were shopping. A man was near by in one of the aisles and asked if he was ready for Halloween. Caleb proceeded to tell him that we don't celebrate it, it hurts Jesus' feelings, that it is bad and celebrates bad things and Jesus is the Savior of the world because he learned that in Sparks class.... etc, etc. It was really great. I had to give him a kudos talk when we got home, because most people don't have the boldness to share the truth like that and I don't want him to ever be shy or ashamed. He was really happy to be told I was proud of him, but he also was a little like, well it's the truth why wouldn't I say so. Funny, sound familiar.

Ok, that's enough for now. TTFN.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hey Krystal! I posted a long comment that I think got eaten by Blogger.

Anyway, the short version (as I start to get Tessa to bed) is that while you and I disagree on subjects of politics and religion, I am grateful that we can get along and set that stuff aside for the love of family.

I love you and accept you, and I believe you do the same for me.

I am interested in reading your viewpoints because I value you; thank you for sharing.

Your post inspired my own about politics and families, so I hope you'll read that. :-)