Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Joshua might have a dimple!

I'm about 85% positive that Joshua will have a dimple. Just one, same side as Caleb, which is to say the opposite side of mine. He smiled a big smile, I think he was having a dream, and I saw it. Grandpa Bishop also thinks he saw it. I think that is cool.

Last week, Caleb woke up in the middle of the night upset. I went into his room and he had lost his shirt in the bedding. I found it for him and he said "thank you mom". Which I was quite proud of him for being so polite. But then I leaned over and gave him a kiss and said "I love you"... and he said "love you too"!!!! It was the first time for me that he responded when I said that. It made waking up at 4 in the morning worth it! Makes being a mom worth it!

And then last night, Caleb and I read books and have prayers every night right before bed. Well, as we were reading (and he was bouncing a little to get situated on the bed) we bonked heads together. I said "ouch Caleb"... And he did the most endearing thing. As we both were rubbing our heads, he stopped and stood up and kissed my head where I was rubbing. I, of course, kissed his head, too. But his kind, loving, and gentle action just melted my heart. I'm very proud of my little guy. I hope that he is always so caring and sweet. Moments like this make all the rough nights and messes worth it.

Dear God, thank you very much for the blessing of my sons, they bring a love and joy that is the balm for weariness that life's routines and stresses often bring. Lord, my Creator, you knew me so well, that you sent exactly what I needed in my sons. Thank you for exsisting that I made subject my heart to You, the lover of my soul and the lifter of my head.

2 comments:

melloman said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina said...

The development in empathy in a child is one of the most beautiful things to watch...thank you for sharing the stories of Caleb's loving nature. I hope to see you soon!