Sunday, September 04, 2005

Today I took Joshua to church for the first time. I have several friends there, and a few special ladies to thank for bringing us meals this last week. I went light on the meds so that I could drive, but I paid a little for that decision. But it was worth it to take my little boy to church and feel like I was standing before God in His house with His blessing to me. I know that we will formally dedicate Joshua at a later date, but I know I placed him in God's hands in my heart today. It was nice to show off a brand new baby too, especially one I'm so fond of.

Kristina and the Surface family were remarkable in bringing dinner all the way to our house this evening. We had a very good time watching our 2 yr olds play with each other and with the dogs. A constant giggle and talk fest. I was especially happy to see Tessa just settle in and feel at home, and equally happy that Caleb accepted her into his environment. Once they got square on whose ball was whose, then it was let the wrestling begin. Tessa made me smile when she held Joshua ever so sweetly and gently. Of course Caleb had to point and say "mine, mine" as if Joshua was his ball to be possessed. Caleb made me proud when he gave Aunt Kristina a BIG hug though.

So to wrap up the evening, I'm writing here and then trying my first time alone with 2 boys while Mike goes out with Brian to play Jump. I'm taking it this experience slow. Caleb is watching Disney, and it is only about an hour before bedtime to manage both. Then Joshua and I will debate whether another feeding is in order before lights out or not.

So a good day. I look forward to sleeping, for what I will get. And I look forward to this next week and what it will bring. My mom specifically, and also another visit from Barb!!! :)

Good night all.

No comments: