Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Small signs of success.

Joshua is on his 3rd or 4th day of a schedule. Some predictablity has come into our lives now. He is eating at more consistent times, especially during the night!

Today was the easiest (although still a challenge) to keep Joshua awake at the correct times. This is mostly due to a better night sleep for him, I think. I had been concerned that he was breathing more raspy, wheezing, and nasal during the night when he was lying flat on his back, but during the day he would some times be in the Boppy and seem to sleep much more soundly and without a sign of stressed breathing. So after talking to my mom and Barb, I elevated the head of Joshua's bassinet. I think that in one night he slept better, at least he sounded better... which means that I slept better. But the best result was a more awake baby during the day. I even got some pictures of him awake and lifting his head up!

Yes, he lifts his head quite well and gets stronger every day. He also can stiffen up one of his legs and get a hip off the floor too while on his tummy. He could be an early rolling baby.

Caleb checks nearly daily for teeth in Joshua's mouth. I keep telling Caleb that Joshua can't have food because he doesn't have teeth. I've caught Caleb offering Joshua a wide variety of foods, including donuts. In the end, there aren't any teeth and Caleb then wants to shove the pacificer into Josh's mouth. Cute, but not exactly helpful. Caleb is very helpful in retrieving the pacifier from the bassinet though. And in a variety of other tasks. Praise God for his heart that's eager to please.

The three of us got out for a walk today. I've felt so bad about Caleb being cooped up during my recovery that I decided he had to get out. And once the cast is off he'll be back to all the active things he did before. The count down has begun in my mind until the 29th!

Well, back to diapers and feeding the family.

No comments: