Thursday, April 17, 2008

Well here's an update:

The bad new first:
1) Caleb has what they are terming "catastrophic decay". They are submitting a referral request now, and HOPEFULLY (they don't know) it will be covered by insurance, what ever "it" is to get it fixed.
2) Jockey is struggling with a cough and green nose gunk.
3) Caleb had a fever yesterday a little bit, also the deal with the nose stuff, and some itchy (and crusty, this morning) eyes. I've given him and allergy pill and we'll see if that clears it up. He didn't go to school today, but if the allergy pill clears enough up there is still a chance for Awana tonight. But I'm not holding my breath, even though I know he is.

For the GOOD new, even GREAT news:
****1) Caleb was awarded his intra-district waiver. We got the school we wanted for him!!! I received the letter today. Now I have to go over and get him registered for the fall at the new school (as opposed to the school I went to initially in March).**** I'm relieved, to say the least!
2) Joshy had a great time with Grammy Dahl today. She was graciously available to watch Jockey while Daddy took Caleb to the dentist. He was treated a special time of swimming.
3) I completed two jobs today. One was a really big merchandising reset. It went very smoothly, due to, in no small part, the assistance from the store manager; she was very please to help out, and was pleasantly surprised that I brought her a coffee (by-product of my other "job").
4) We got the new screen for the old lap top, which we finally got to work, BUT (huge but) the keyboard and mouse pad are unresponsive and won't go into windows. Still working on that.
5) I've lifted up the bed 2-3", now the storage containers that I already owned will now be filled and things will fit under the bed for out of the way and out of sight stowing. $10.
6) I used a flat sheet and jimmied a bedskirt beautifully on the box springs to hide the bricks I used under the bed. Dressed up the room in 15 minutes.
7) I'm going to finally put up a very pretty stain glass piece in the bedroom for decoration, though, surprisingly not in the window. I already owned it, so no cost outlay here, and just one more thing out of the garage.
8) I am going to be brave and get the new "hand-reverse-painted, puff glass, Dale Tiffany" lamp shade out of it's box and put it in our bedroom. I've had it over a year, but didn't want to risk the kids breaking it again. So I'm going to be brave, I've had it waiting in the garage, so no cost outlay, and again, one more thing OUT of the garage!
9) I'm making plans for a headboard. Meaning I'm designing and plotting the best, easiest, and cheapest way to achieve for a great end result of a headboard.
10) I invested $15 on a iron scrolly thing and spray paint to add something to the wall (other than where the stained glass will go)
11) Sometimes it's the littlest things, in that theme, I invested $1 in getting little pads to affix to the inside of my armoir doors. Hence forth, a person may walk across the bedroom without having that rattle in annoucement!
12) The NW Center' for Retarded persons pick up truck came today and whisked 5 bags of unneed items away; a great "tax-deductable donation" that we will enjoy next April as we report this years taxes.
13) I saw Auntie Brittany yesterday for a quick chat and show/gave her some things. It had been over a month since I've seen her.
14) I'm going to fill out the rebate forms, but I just got 2 tubes of toothpaste and a coveted curl styling product (in the fruitless and vain attempt to control my hair) for FREE! Walk in and pay, fill out the rebate form, wait for the check to come. Just paid sales tax. Wahoo FREE.

The kids are still asleep for naps, and I will gratefully take this time for quiet, and accomplishment! I'm beginning to have a renewed fondness for my kiddos, the more I lock the bathroom door. (and do small things for me.)

So that is all for now. God Bless. (MOPS is tomorrow, and I'm excited!)

No comments: