Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Mid-week. Time for a little update.

The boys has a GREAT weekend with Daddy and Grammy and Papa Dahl. They talk and talk and talk about swimming, the hot tub, the "Robot" in the pool (the vaccum), biking, and all the food (must be a change they relished in). They talked about Papa Dahl helping Joshy to climb a tree. Grammy giving Caleb a foot rub. Caleb talked about how much Grammy and Papa took care of him, even Foster who would come when called and licked his hand as he danged out of the tree.

As for me, while the mice were away, I vaccumed the minute they left. I cleaned and set up a baby gate so that I wouldn't have to fight dog hair or dogs for my food. If I was going to be alone and enjoy it, I wanted things clean and picked up so that I could enjoy my surroundings.
I took a spin up to see Papa Bill's new Lake Conner campsite. Then home again to scrapbook. Saturday, I attended the Ladies tea. Very nice. I took pictures of the tables and their interesting, varied, and beautiful table settings. There was a comedic speaker who really lightened the mother's frustrated heart with humorous tales. I saw Brittany for the 4th time since her baby was born and home from the hospital. The food was good. It was nice intermission between careful scrapbooking moments. I had a merchandising job to do quickly and that was ok. I was invited for a walk afterwards and dinner out, but if I was having alone time, I didn't want to waste it with being around people. Quite, peaceful, alone time has got a market value similar to an ounce of gold in the current economy ($1,000 an ounce), and I didn't want to share my peace and quiet. (Brittany understood my declined to the invitations, 100%, she knows me.) As for scrapbooking, I had a goal of 6 pages. Well I have 5 done and a 6th @80%.. not bad. I'll have to post a couple pictures later of the tea and the pages. I even squeezed in sleeping in, which surprisingly was only to 8:30 and 9 in the mornings. It was calm, peaceful, clean, productive. Nothing could be better. Thanks Daddy, Papa and Grammy Dahl.

Good News: Caleb gets in to see his Children's Dentist/periodonist TOMORROW! Yipee. Tomorrow is just another exam/evaluation day and deciding on a treatment plan day, nothing huge or tragic. And at least tomorrow is covered by insurance. We have to see about the treatment they decide on to see if and how much is covered. Previously it was rumored that Caleb my have to be under general anesthia for the work to be completed... this is only done once a month. I have HOPE that if it is needed, that perhaps he can get in before his birthday and fixed teeth for his birthday! (The alternative is that since we will most likely be out of town for the June day, that July is our next option, and that is a bit saddening.) But we will see.

Tomorrow is also Awana cubbies, and my night to both help AND bring snacks for 45 kids. So I'll be having to make cookies all day while Caleb is being taken to the dentist.

Friday is MOPS, and that's all that is planned until next week. I'm going to try to drive as little as possible to conserve and stay inside of budget.

So that's the update. I'll try to get pictures up soon. (Sorry, Mike forgot his camera when packing for Toppenish, so no pictures of the boys' weekend.)

Here they are, the pictures:






So that is it.

No comments: