Monday, December 12, 2005

Oh the things to do while Caleb is away.

Caleb is once again at Grammy and Papa Dahl's house. He really likes it there. They have lots of toys, Papa Dahl is one of his favorite people, but lately there's something new he likes. We've asked him are you hungry, but now we've started to ask him what he wants to eat. In the past few days, Caleb's response has been that he wants to eat at Grammy's house. Maybe it's fun, or maybe it's because he likes what she serves, but it is cute to know that he wants to go there over anywhere else at the moment.

I'm hoping get Caleb's presents wrapped before he comes home tomorrow. Whether they go under the tree as soon as they are wrapped, I don't know. Caleb already wants Daddy to open his present, I can't imagine him being able to stay away from his own presents. My mom made a good suggestion that I should get an advent calendar to help Caleb count down to Christmas. If I find a cheap one, I'll do that!

And while Caleb is gone and during Josh's naps, I hope to do some online Christmas shopping. It is so much easier to shop from my desk that use up the precious little time and gas to drive all over the earth just to SEE if a store might have something that somebody MIGHT like.

We went to playgroup today and had a good time. Caleb spent most of his time observing the other kids from under the bleachers. I'll leave it to your imagination what else he accomplished from under the bleachers.

Wednesday I am looking forward to taking Caleb to the Reptile Zoo just outside of Monroe. I'm not going for my liking, believe me, but I think that Caleb will like it. We are caravaning out there with a lady I met at story time at the library and her 2 kids; I think I've mentioned Sarah before.

Also, I've discovered that the Factoria Mall has opened a Children's Museum. Fridays, 5-8pm, are free, so I'm hoping to get there a few times and maybe take Gi-Gi to watch Caleb discover whatever there is to play with.

Caleb and Gi-Gi are starting to get along famously. He is warming up to Gi-gi quicker and quicker. We went to dinner and they colored together. And he crawled under the table and popped up next to her so that he could sit on her lap. They were sharing food. Later we went back to her house and they were playing chase and gitch-ya. Caleb was squealing and giggling. Someone said once that leaders like to be chased, if that is true I've got a happy, natural born leader on my hands. He really likes to be chased, even if that means grabbing the favorite toy/object and running away with it. Gi-gi even got on the floor to wrestle/tickle Caleb (and to visit Josh too). She shared a few of her displayed objects with Caleb. I laughed particularly when he made her Mole from Germany hop like a frog down the hall way. And it was also very cute of Caleb to ask to touch her outside Christmas decorated tree. At home it is a no touch, but because her's in the ground I said ok. He pet it ever so gentle as if it was a little fragile puppy. It is so nice to see one of the littlest and the oldest in the family get along so well and cheerfully together. I hope that there are many more times together, and that Caleb (and Josh) developes memories that he can take with him into his adulthood.

Ok, I like to update this journal, but I have to many other things that I'd like to do with only Josh to juggle. Maybe I'll even get to sleep earlier. Even my toes are crossed for that!

No comments: