Saturday, December 10, 2005

Out of the mouth of Caleb...

Caleb has started to pronounce "hungry" a different way. Why it has changed I don't know, but now hungry is "honky". So this morning, Caleb came into my room and said "mommy, me honkey". I had to laugh. Once I realized that hungry was what he meant. I was thinking "honkey the Christmas goose" or what?! So Caleb is "honkey", at least 3-5 times a day.

Caleb is doing better on the potty training. I have to devote time to sitting in our family room with the door shut. And he does well in that environment, but outside of that room... he wants a diaper. He tells me every time that he is "soggy" and then stands, spreads his legs and slaps the sogginess. The good news is that he is getting more sensitive to being wet, he doesn't want to have any wetness in his diaper, so he is telling me very often that he wants his diaper changed. Perhaps I should leave a soggy diaper on him for a while so that he will choose more often to go in the potty. The problem is that sometimes the soggy diaper weighs so much the whole diaper will slide right off his bum! Which makes Caleb perfectly happy because his preferred attire these days is just a shirt and boots! The other day, Caleb delivered some great news: "daddy no eat boots". Aren't you all happy that Daddy did not eat Caleb's boots?!

Josh is getting VERY good at holding his head up. The exersaucer has really helped with that. Josh is sleeping better, quality wise, during the night, however he is still waking up in 3 hour intervals for food... and heaven help me if he decides it's diaper filling time... that can take 45 minutes for him to be done! The night before last I was awake from 3:30 am to 5:15 am with his whole process!
The bright side is that he is HAPPY!!! Just about all the time! And in case I haven't confirmed the dimple guess, YES Josh has a cute dimple in the same cheek that Caleb does. Sometimes seeing that dimple is the only reason I can go on with silly songs and baby talk; the dimple is the true definition of a smile in Josh's book. Of course, he is laughing a lot more too, and his laugh is changing. It use to be a huffy almost choking sound; it is turning to more of a giggle now, more of a "happy" sound. I love it.

That's all for now.

No comments: