Thursday, December 01, 2005

It's Snowing outside!!!

Caleb is acting very curious about the snow. I don't think that he remembers it snowing at our house before. Of course I don't think he remembers much of the summer either. He was very excited when I told him that he could go outside in the snow. It was as if he was thinking "really?!" He kept calling it rain, I guess this is rain that was falling white and slow enough for him to actually feel/see, but I told him that it was snow. If it starts sticking enough I'm going to take our little sled out and pull him around in it. Although, it is getting quite dark already...sigh. I'm sure that it is getting colder (not warmer) and it will be here in the morning to venture out and see what kind of joy and mischief Caleb will get into. Knowing him, he'll want to take Buzz in the snow, and wear his yellow rubber boots!

We watch the "Polar Express" movie today. It was delightful, animated movie about believing in Christmas. The most quaint, wonderful thing was that half way through the movie, the snow started. It felt like a wonderful way to start the CHRISTmas season for the family. I really liked ending the movie with "look outside Caleb, it's snowing".

The other FANTASTIC, GREAT, AMAZING thing. I think Caleb is starting to show signs of potty training. I have to keep the heater on in our family room, and leave him butt naked... but all of the sudden he will go over and sit on his potty! He has had 3-4 successes today as well as yesterday!!! Praise the Lord. He runs over now and has me check his bum to see if it needs to be wiped; at least he has me check before sitting on the couch... that is my silver lining of the day. Caleb is very excited about the candy and Winnie the Pooh stickers (I stumbled upon these wonderful things at the dollar store.) that he gets as rewards. And Caleb knows exactly where to put the stickers, right on the lid of his potty! Just think, Pooh stickers for pooing on the potty. There is an element of irony to that, I just can't describe it well enough.

I'm looking forward to this weekend at Warm Beach to ring in the CHRISTmas season, and celebrate Grandpa Dahl's birthday. I'm praying for a clear night that carries the delightful sounds of holiday music unimaginable distances...right to our hearts, I hope. I'll be able to show Caleb the nativity and explain about Baby Jesus, a person he is starting to understand thanks to a "Can you find Jesus?" Look and Find book. I am eager to share the person of Jesus with my son(s) and open up their minds, hearts, and lives to knowing, living, loving and being loved by Jesus.

Josh is as cute and smiley as ever, but I must go wake him up now or he'll be up late. He's already showing signs of being a night owl like his Bro. He laid next to me in the bed for a half hour last night until nearly 10:30 just watching me and sucking on his pacifier. Now if only I can get that much contentment out of him during the day. Don't get me wrong, during the day he's wonderful, but he likes for interaction then that is hard when I'm trying to keep up with Caleb.

Caleb is showing all signs of love to Jockey everyday. I don't think that I have ever pushed him to love. Because of that, it feels even more wonderful to know that Caleb is showing love to his brother out of his own heart and desire. He often lays next to Jockey and holds his hand and tells me "happy". Or I leave the room to get something for Caleb and I come back to Caleb kissing Josh. And like today he said to me "Me pet Jockey head" as he lighting brushed the little fuzzy head of Josh, and Josh quite enjoys Caleb's attention.

Ok, I really have to go. Happy snowiness whereever you are!

No comments: