Saturday, November 05, 2005

Friday's Afternoon adventure.

Leave it to me to find something free. I found that the Imagine Children's Museum was having free admission this Friday (and Dec 2) so I took Caleb. Brittany went with us, which turned out to be an extremely helpful thing. Caleb had a good time, and I felt good exposing him to so many new things. He especially liked the "control tower", which is a network of clear tubes with air in them that push ping-pong balls. I think he might have just liked playing with the balls. He also felt very familiar with the plane; he just hopped right into a seat and tried to buckle his seat beat just like he was going to see Grandma and Grandpa Bishop. We played with the water exhibit (set inside a ferry), a farm exhibit (with a life-sized cow that had rubber udders you could milk water from), a tree house, the rock climbing wall, the bank, the "construction zone", of course the train area, etc. It was good for him. Although, I learned that I should bring the bjorn/snuggli to carry Josh in... Not the hand-held car seat/carrier. He got heavy and cumberson very quickly, not a great thing when Caleb is quick and can out run me when I have lots of things to carry. I intend to go back on Dec 2 because he had so much fun, it was VERY crowded though. I'm considering getting him a membership though...maybe! Used properly it would be very cost effective.

Well, we had fun and that's all that I ask.

This morning Caleb was very insistent that he get to hold Joshua. They he hugged him and kissed him, and then Caleb ran and got a book to show Josh. It's so neat to see Caleb grow in his affection for Josh and his interest in sharing with Josh. It's getting hard to remember to call Josh by his name, because Caleb talks about "Jockey" so much that I find that I often use "jockey" too when I talk. Hey, there are worse nicknames to have, I would just hope that Josh is interested in Sports when he is older so that the nickname sort of fits.

ok, that's all for now. Thanks for reading.

No comments: