Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Josh is certainly a cool kiddo. As he slept he was signing/waving the "hang loose" sign. He must be stressed about nothing. Whereas Caleb kept asking for Juice in his sleep. Caleb wants to play and interact with "jockey" so much, I am trying to teach him to play "peek a boo". That's a little bit more constructive that pulling Josh on top of him and saying "kicking", which he means "holding". Or yelling "Coming Jockey" and running then jumping up on the bed and cramming a pacificer in Josh's mouth. Caleb is ever helpful. He rushes to the diaper changer when it is Jockey's turn. He's started to cry wolf though; he misinforms me that Jockey is pooey so that I have to check, I think it is a ploy. I think he is interested in helping with that chore because he gets a peek of Jockey's equipment. "yes Caleb, Jockey has one".

Caleb is also showing signs of wanting to take a bath with Josh. He is back to being interested in baths because Josh takes a bath, and he gets in to his bath and says "Jockey turn" and splashes in the water. I guess that that will happen someday... perhaps when Josh can sit on his own and Caleb doesn't use the bath as a potty.

Caleb is enthralled with the Pooh movies that I found at a thrift store. He is even starting to talk about the other characters, not just Pooh. I had to go out on a search for more pooh movies because I was going out of my mind with the others that I had memorized. Mike even caught me singing the "rumbly in my tumbly" song. Caleb thought that it was wonderful to have his mommy singing with Pooh though, he jumped and laughed the whole time.

New today. Bribery. I told Caleb that if he wanted Candy he would have to use the potty. Of course, the moment that Daddy came home I had to bring Daddy up to speed on the deal because Caleb ran to him and asked him for candy. What a smart child. Smart if you think about it in terms of a two year old; it would be called manipulative if he was an older child, but for now, it tells me that he's a thinker.

Today was a day of tents and hair cuts. Caleb actually came up and asked me for a hair cut, so I obilged since I don't know when the next time will be. I think that he looks handsome as ever, although he made a terrible mess of the mirror. Well, that's the price to pay.
And we built tents in the living room with a big sheet. I always loved forts and tents growing up and I've been excited to share the fun with Caleb. He liked it for a while but his focus switched to something else quickly. Caleb did take some time to sit and cuddle and laugh with me, and that was fun too and made up for a half interest in the tent thing.

We talked to Grandma Bishop on the phone because Caleb said he wanted to. He was a little shy at first, but then he would just grab the phone and start telling her something and then hand the phone back. Josh was also quite vocal; some coos, some grunts, and then a few wails to let me know he was tired. All in all, a good phone call. I'm not entirely sure he knows which Grandma he was talking to because in the end he said "good-bye grammy". Well, he's got two Papa's, I guess if it helps to understand then he can have two Grammy's. Right now he says "Papa Daaahlll", so maybe it will Grammy Bishop or Grammy Daaahlll someday.

Caleb has really warmed up to Gi-gi in the last week. We visited her on the weekend and then we saw her again Monday and Tuesday. I think that Caleb has benefited from seeing her more. I love to see him return the love to people that love him so much. He talks more about her and runs to give her hugs and kisses. It's just very nice to see his world of people expanding around him.

Well, time to cook dinner. Bye.

No comments: