Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

The plan for today is to be at Grammy and Grandpa Dahl's house for early dinner and maybe some club fun afterwards (So I'm told). Caleb and Mike left earlier today to get some work done at the club and have fun before dinner and get a nap. Josh and I will follow later. I'm taking a quick moment now to write the latest stories.


I mentioned the "Boots" before. The yellow gordon fisherman puddle boots. Caleb has either worn them most of every day since Saturday, or he has asked to wear them. He even wears them with nothing else! I got a picture of him in a little more than nothing so that I could post it. In this picture he has pulled up a chair to help cook, very proudly I might add.

But the boot story continues. Caleb "dressed" himself. Or at least he looked like it. Picture this (because I wasn't fortunate enough to get a picture): silver sunglasses, red shirt, gray sweat pants with navy blue stripes, medium blue coat with orange trim, no socks, and rubber boots! This is how he was attired when we went to dinner; he did his little strut and marched into the restraunt carrying his shirt. It was so funny!

This morning, when I was still in bed with Josh and Mike came up to talk to me, Caleb got into a little mischief... imagine that. Caleb discovered toilet paper. He must have had 25 feet of it and he was having himself a happy little toilet paper party in the family room. He was tossing it and rolling in it when Mike found him. Mike had to share with me what Caleb was up to, so he balled up a bunch of the tp and had Caleb come and show me what he had. From there the tp was tossed onto the bed and Caleb shared the tp part with me and Josh. Thanks so much Caleb. It was as if Caleb was having roll in dry snow on New Year's Day for as much fun as he was having. I had to make sure he didn't have too much fun and roll over or jump on Josh.





But seriously... Caleb does love Jockey. This is a picture that melts my heart. I have another one where Caleb is actually asleep holding Josh's hand.

Caleb always asks to hold Josh. The most funny time was when Caleb wanted juice. He asked to hold Josh, so I set him up on a pillow and placed Josh in his arms. Once Josh was settled, Caleb promptly said "mommy, juice". He had actually planned that once he was supervising Josh that I would be available to get him juice. What a smart kiddo. Good reasoning skills. And it was cute too. Caleb has grow more affectionate lately, and I don't mind one bit as the beneficiary. He is amendable to taking affection, but he also is initating it. I find myself being sat on or next to and cuddled alot or being covered with a repetition of kisses. I love it. Caleb sat next to me and linked his arm in my and sat hugging and squeezing my arm as he watched Winnie the Pooh. I felt so great I was afraid to move and break the moment. I'm glad that Caleb feels free to express demonstrative affection, and I'm hoping to foster actions that he will be comfortable with expressing longer in his life than just kisses that end at 7-8. He frequently asks to hold my hand while we sit somewhere, and I feel lucky and blessed.

One for the "I didn't think I'd ever say that" list: Caleb, don't put your fingers where the poo comes out.

Lastly, I finally got a picture of Caleb's obsession. Big Buzz. So in case there was any question as to what Buzz looked like in Caleb's world..here Buzz is:

Well, that's all for now. I hope to come back from Thanksgiving with lots of tales to tell.

No comments: