Thursday, November 03, 2005

Happy Rainy Thursday.

Very briefly I'll tell you the funny and heart warming things that have happened since my last post.

Last night, Josh woke himself up by farting. He also was sleeping with one eye open. Those are the funny things. As for the heart warming story... I was watching Josh sleep next to me on the bed as I read a book and winding down for the night. He laughs a huffy little laugh, then he laughs and intakes air at the same time which sounds like a little squeal, and you can watch his face and every few seconds his mouth flickers into a smile which sometimes is wide enough to see his adorable dimple. And I thought to myself, admittedly with a little pride in my heart, that he must be happy with his life, me, his whole family, and the experiences he's had so far because he has happiness and joy that wells up out of him even when he is unconscious and sleeping. Praise the Lord for the happiness that is abounding in one so small.

As for Caleb... His heart warming moment was yesterday as we were leaving a store. I asked him to stay in the cart and not try to climb out while I loaded Josh into the car. He did as I asked so when I came back to get him I told him that he was a good boy, that his obedience made mommy happy and I loved him very much. To this he responded "mommy happy me." I smiled and said "yes, mommy is very happy with you". He thought that was great because then he said "Jockey (joshua) happy me", to this I laughed because Josh was quite contently sleeping and completely unaware of anything going on around him. Sure Caleb, Jockey's happy with you.

As for Caleb's funny story, a little background info is needed; Caleb has become interested and quite a fan of Winne the Pooh, as some of you might already know. I've dug out of his toy box a little, tiny stuffed 3" Winnie the Pooh bear that he now carries around with him, which is where this story begins. These are some of those "I never imagined I'd say that" things. I was expressing milk again and I actually had to say to Caleb "no, Pooh doesn't get a turn to pump". And then yesterday we were getting out of the car to go into the grocery store, I actually said "Caleb you may bring your shirt or Pooh, you have to choose." But the most funny was while we were in the store and he dropped Winnie the Pooh while I was picking out apples, and I found myself saying in the store "Caleb pick up your Pooh!" I ask you again, why would anyone name a character after a bathroom function?!!!!!!!!! And it's especially ironic in Caleb's case that he really likes Pooh, but really doesn't like poo.

Ok, enough potty talk. I'm going to get back to the boys and rescue the under the weather Daddy.

No comments: