Saturday, November 19, 2005

I've taken a new approach to potty training.

Since the potty is downstairs and I can shut that room off from the rest of the house, I am leaving Caleb's diaper off for extended periods of time. He can't hide and I can watch him better in one room than I can in the whole house. Plus, with his diaper off he starts looking around with a knowable expression on his face, I can ask him right away, and I can pick him up fast and plunk him down on the potty quick. We had 2 successes yesterday. Of course there was a couple other times....

I let Caleb take a shower. Normally I have to warm him that his time is almost up. But after quickly checking on Josh in his crib, I came back to Caleb getting out of the shower himself. I later found out why... he left "things" in the shower for me to smell later. Thanks Caleb. And I thought when he got out of the shower saying "no poo in the shower" meant that he didn't want to poo in the shower, oh, my mistake.

Josh has about 3 tickle spots that make him laugh. He has a deep huffy laugh that is so cute. He opens his mouth really wide, and his dimple comes out. I like making him smile and laugh just to see that dimple some days! It's all the reward I get from him at this stage.

We are off to go with Brittany to her mom's house today. I hope all goes well down there. I feel like I'm bringing enough toys for 2 toddlers. And I hope that.we stay on schedule for the most part too.

Well, I have to go now. I'm having to fight Buzz over the keyboard.

No comments: