Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Friday (Good Friday.)

And Happy Birthday Tigger... Our not so small, but youngest, member of the family is now 2!

I joyfully attended Mops today, bookending it with jobs before and after.

However, I woke up with a worse sore throat than I've had in the last 2 weeks. I took a Claratin and that cleared up the congestion... But by the time I returned to the house, I had a huge headache and started with some muscle/joint achiness. And I woke up from a nap (which I took and forfeited other productive activities) with a large naseuas feeling, fighting a fever.

Joshy on the other hand, is better/healthy, with the exception of a runny nose. But he's always that way a little, most likely allergies. Daddy is on the down swing as well.

Caleb had a high fever today with accompanying rosy clown-spots on his cheeks. He, of course, is taking the proper medicines to deal. But I made him a special fruit smoothy from our frozen fruit reserves from last Summer. I have a theory that if you cool from the inside out it fights fevers better; sure enough, he woke up from his nap with just a low grade fever, if at all.

With all of the illness that is going around, I'm a little sad about the timing of Easter. (which is remarkably early, and won't be this early again for something like 95 years). I saw a parade advertised, I saw a Monroe sponsored Egg Hunt, and church in Monroe is sponsoring and Egg Hunt, all for tomorrow in the morning. I highly doubt that tomorrow morning, I'll feel well enough to take two kids out by myself if I'm truly coming down with the Ick. And it's a toss up as to whether Caleb will be well again with another good night's sleep. I'm sad that I won't feel up to doing something for the kids. Alone would have been difficult, but sick too, I'm not a miracle worker; I keep having tormenting flashbacks to last year when I almost lost Caleb boy. In literally 4 seconds he was swept away by the crowd (non-compliant parents who entered into the egg hunt field against the rules) and was over a football field away and disoriented in 2 minutes. That was true terror that I'm still not over, evidently. I wish that he and I were better. If he was better, then I'd want even more for him and Joshy to have a good time, and I'd feel even worse because it would be just me holding him back. I'm trying to remember 1- it's not about the activities, it's about Jesus' sacrifice for use and His unique and triumphant resurrection, and 2- There will be another 10 years of Egg hunts, I shouldn't get hung up on the one that I happen (and Caleb might still be) sick for.

Joshy is really feeling the best in the house, and as a result he is getting into everything and testing the limits when the rest of us are sick and slow to react. He always says that he is "too little to ____", but somehow that doesn't stop him getting to all the things that he shouldn't, climbing closet shelves, tossing toys everywhere and at Caleb. etc.
And Caleb is feeling so icky, all he wants to do is sit on the couch and watch a movie. Which I suppose is the best for a little body to get rest. But he also falls victim to a pushy little brother and flying toys.

I'm looking forward to health. And hopefully and re-energized feeling and ready to dive back into teaching Caleb his reading and numbers. He already does verbal math but he isn't so hot on the written portion of it.

And MAYBE, I'll feel so great, Joshy will get potty trained! Right now, it's one of the things he says he is too little for. But it is coming time to decide and put a deposit down on Fall pre-school and I was really hoping to get that figured out for him. We'll see.

I hope that you all are healthy and have a great weekend.

No comments: