Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A packing I will go, A packing I will go.

I know that there are people out there who start a week or more in advance packing for a trip. I am NOT one of those people. And, I have the mentality, that it's just going to shift in the plane anyway. So I pack the clothes/shoe etc the night before by just throwing them in. The morning of I throw in the toiletries (contacts case, solution, make-up etc) on top. Done. So, for waiting until the last day, I'm about 2/3 of the way there. .

This works great, because the boys thought it was fun to climb into the 1/2 full suitcase and hide. And hid toys, and pull things out, and jump in them. I'd be really frustrated if everything that folded and placed perfectly.

Caleb doesn't have a fever again. And he is alot more perky today in general. I think I'll try school again, even if it *technically* breaks the 24 hour rule. I think that the fever yesterday was just a body response to activity.

I still have lots of laundry to put away. And I am considering cleaning the entire house to perfection. It would be nice knowing that I'm leaving it that way. But it won't be that way went I return so it will be like a clean that I didn't get to enjoy and live in for even a day. I wouldn't want any false/subconscious explectations of coming home to a house the way I left it.


Joshy was up until 1:00 AM. We put him to be HOURS before that. But he just wouldn't stay in his room and wouldn't sleep. He kept telling me that he was afraid of the dark, of the trains, of the frogs that he could hear across the street. I had to repeat dozen's of times that the frogs won't come in the house. I left the light on a little. And the trains naturally passed and didn't return. That didn't help. He wanted to be in our room. He climbed in 3 different times with us. I prayed with him and had to explain that we are God's children and Jesus is in our hearts, and that Jesus gave us the power to command the things that make us afraid to leave. That seemed to make some affect. But he still was roaming around the house. It was a long process. Finally at 1, that was the last "tuck-in" time and he stayed put! sigh. Fortunately, in the morning he did crawl into my bed but he went right back to sleep until 8:30, very unusual and merciful of him. Normally, no matter how late he stays up, he always wakes up by 7:30 and most often earlier.

This morning, he told me he was hiding his poop. Shock rippled through me. W-H-E-R-E? I was horrified to contemplate the mess lurking undiscovered in the most difficult place to clean in the most inconveinent location, just waiting for an untimely and most likely physically disgusting finding. To my relief, he said that it was hiding in him bum and diaper. SIGH, I was never so relieved to have a dirty diaper to change in 5 years. This one had it's own vibrantly offensive odor that demanded to be addressed, but at least this one didn't smell like manure. One of his diapers last week very literally smelled like cow manure. And while less offensive in actual odor, the uncanny similarity was too much to ignore. I told Joshy that he and his diaper smelled like cow... to which he responded "Moooooo, me cow".

Enough about p**p for now. Because I'm sure most readers are gratefully past this particular phase in your lives and aren't anxious to relive.

I will try to update the blog while in California, but if I don't, see you back on April 7th or 8th depending on what time I finally get home and how busy I am unpacking. The boys have been asking or trying to leave for "fornia" for over a week now, but today they are in utter disbelief and comprehension that tomorrow the day. Odd.

Well, that's it for now. I hope you've gotten a little humor out of today. TTFN

No comments: