Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mid-week update.



Monday was a bit gray, but we've picked up from there.


I've cleaned the house thoroughly in the last two days. There were a few motivators, visitors, it needed it, and MOPS has a Room of the day cleaning challenge; of course I had to cram more rooms into the day than just the one they suggested. It will be a test in patience to see how few hours it actually stays clean and picked up.



Of course, when cleaning, the little guys are always up to something else. So as I cleaned the master bedroom yesterday, I started hearing wild giggling/yelling. I opened up my window and saw:








I guess this proves that you can win in some areas, but sometimes there is always a compromise somewhere.



Then Tuesday, we were excited and blessed with a dinner guest. GG came out to partake in dinner with us. I treated her to dinner, and the boys treated her to a show. Nothing beats dinner and a show. The boys were very excited to show off their cool moves, and the computer they get to play shows on, and their rooms, etc etc. They were a dizzy-ing whirlwind of activity. GG was quite dutiful and gave them their craved attention.







It was a good time that will have to be repeated. Caleb even took this picture:




Thursday, Caleb sees the dentist! We are taking advantage of the "teacher in-service" day. It's long overdue, a sincerely embarassing guilt of mine. However, it's done, appointment made. He's going, Daddy is taking him, which is soooo good, but I'm ready for a sedative just thinking of it. It's probably only going to help his one tooth, but it's a start. It just couldn't wait any more, and hopefully he is "mature" enough to understand the explanation of what is going on and accept it; when he was two-somthing nearly three, it was a dramatic disaster and traumatic failure all at once, I had to pin arms and vise grip head in an attempt to hold him tight and also get him mouth to stay open at the same time. YUCK.




Saturday is fast approaching. I have to back little cakes for the Bake Sale. And I know Caleb is looking forward to the Egg Hunt and seeing Tessa. I've learned that it is more like a carnival-esque atmosphere. Buy tickets for $1, each activity will cost 1 ticket. Bouncy houses, face painting, "fishing" etc. I can only hope for beautiful weather.


Well, it's off to work I go (outside the home), as if waking up, changing a diaper, making the kids pancakes and Daddy Egg's Benedict (with the left over hollandaise sauce from dinner with GG) isn't enough.

No comments: